Monday, February 12, 2007

DRAGON NATURALLY SPEAKING

I just purchased Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 and am using it to write this blog I am finding even after a little use, it's working pretty good on common words, but on some of the e-mail addresses and websites it doesn't seem to do very well.I was able to get the software for about $90 with a $40 rebate so for $50, it's a pretty good deal. I did use the software in the past, but it didn't work quite as well. Now, I think with the revised version as well as a faster computer works much more efficiently and effectively.

I plan to use the software to write the newsletters for our website for the ATV club and for other things, and it will obviously work a lot faster than I can type a will have to go back and make corrections as I have in this text here, but it can be much faster than me trying to type in almost 2 or three fingers. This last paragraph was dictated directly with no corrections and it came out exactly what I said, so it's worked pretty well.

I plan to use this software along with a microphone to dictate my thoughts for the software that I will talk about in the site as well the hardware. I think over time, it will get more more used to me and it will become more and more accurate.

If you have an extra $50, I recommend buying the program and giving it a try, it works pretty well overall.

No comments: